If you are a health-conscious individual, adding juice to your diet can be a great way to enjoy many health benefits. Juicing is associated with weight loss, stress reduction, detoxification, clearer skin, and many more benefits.
There are different types of juicers on the market you can choose like slow juicers, fast juicers, cold press juicers, and centrifugal juicers.
So, does the speed of the juicer you buy really matter? Should you buy a slow juicer or a fast juicer? Deciding the right type of juicer to buy can be challenging.
In this guide, we will give you a detailed comparison of slow juicers vs fast juicers to help you make the right decision.
What Is A Slow Juicer?
Slow juicers are the same as cold press juicers and masticating juicers. These juicers feature gears or slow-moving screws that crush the fruits and vegetables against a juicing screen. They then press the juice in a glass or juicing jug.
Slow juicers provide slow operation and this makes them great for juicing leafy greens, soft fruits, and wheatgrass. Additionally, some slow juicers are good for grinding coffee and making pasta.
Slow juicers take more time to juice compared to centrifugal juicers. This is because you have to chop the fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces. The juicers are also expensive and hard to clean because they have more parts. Slow juicers are known to produce nutritious and high-quality juice.
Pros Of A Slow Juicer:
- There are several benefits you can get from a slow juicer like:
- Great for juicing leafy greens, wheatgrass, kale, mint, spouts, and much more.
- Suitable for making smoothies, and cocktails.
- The slow speed contributes to the maximum extraction of juice from your produce.
- Slow juicers produce high-quality juice with a nice natural taste.
- The juicers do not allow any air that can oxidize your juice with time.
- The juicers are convenient to use anytime because of their quiet operation.
Cons Of A Slow Juicer:
- Cleaning a slow juicer is hard because they have many parts.
- The juicing process takes longer hence not ideal if you are in a rush.
- Slow juicers are pricey compared to fast juicers.
What Is Our Recommended Slow Juicer?
amzchef Masticating Juicer
Enjoy multi-purpose juice extraction for your fruits and vegetables with the amzchef Masticating Juicer.
The juicer provides maximum juice extraction with minimal oxidation. Not only does this machine work as a juicer but also serves the purpose of a shredder and meat grinder.
It operates at a slow speed of 150 watts to provide quality and nutritious juice. The juicer is easy to assemble, and it features intelligent protection chips that stop automatically after every 20 minutes of use.
Cleaning is easy because the parts are dishwasher safe. Additionally, it has a reverser function to deal with stuck-on foods.
- Easy to use and assemble
- The juicer is sturdy
- Provides maximum juice extraction
- Produces healthy and tasty juice
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- More juice yield
- Anti-slip design for safety
- Comes with a juice and pulp container
- The juicer stops working after some time
- The pulp comes out wet
- It shaves some plastic parts in your juice
- Made of cheap plastic that breaks easily
What Is A Fast Juicer?
Fast juicers are known as centrifugal juicers and they are the most common types of juicers available.
These juicers put the fruits and vegetables in a spinning sieve basket that has a sharp blade below. The blades spin rapidly to separate the juice and the pulp.
Fast juicers provide fast juice extraction than slow juicers hence great for people who don’t have more time to wait for a glass of juice. They are also easy to use, come at affordable prices, and are easy to clean.
However, fast juicers are noisy during operation. They are also not a good option if you want to juice soft fruits like berries and greens.
Pros Of A Fast Juicer:
- Provide faster juice extraction for people who need fast juicing.
- They are easy to clean.
- Lower prices compared to slow juicers.
- Great for juicing large amounts of produce.
- The juice contains less fiber, minerals, and vitamins compared to slow juicers.
Cons Of A Fast Juicer:
- Fast juicers provide ineffective juice extraction.
- They overheat quickly and the juice doesn’t stay fresh longer than slow juicers.
- Their blades spin at a high speed which can lead to injuries.
- The machine produces foamy juice.
- The juicers don’t work well with nuts and greens.
What Is Our Recommended Fast Juicer?
Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine
The Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine is great if you love fast juice extraction. It is designed with a large feed chute that allows whole fruits and vegetables. Unlike slow juicers, this model is easy to clean in just a few minutes because the parts are removable.
The juicer has a powerful 800w electric motor that provides enough power for juicing dense produces like beets. It is easy to assemble and includes a pulp bin to allow continuous juicing.
- Big feed chute minimizes prep time
- The juicer is easy to assemble
- Powerful motor for quick juicing
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Extracts juice from various vegetables & fruits.
- Inexpensive and easy to use
- Includes some recipes and a cleaning brush
- The juicer is loud
- It produces more foam
- Doesn’t work well with huge chunks of fruits and vegetables
- It leaks
- Plastic shaving in your juice
Five Basic Difference Between Slow Juicer And Fast Juicer
Almost 3x slower than fast juicer
Louder than slow juicer
Easy compare to slow juicer
Low price compare to slow juicer
Juice quality and nutrient level
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Is a slow juicer the best option?
Slow juicers are great if you need the best juice quality. The juicers also handle a wide range of ingredients, including leafy greens.
Do slow juicers retain fiber?
Slow juicers preserve more fiber in your juice compared to centrifugal juicers. They maintain a high nutrition content when juicing, and this allows more fiber in your juice.
Do fast juicers destroy nutrients from your juice?
Centrifugal juicers do not necessarily destroy the nutrients in your juice. They use a juice extraction method that causes friction in the extraction chamber. The heat produced therefore breaks down the nutrients.
How long does fresh juice retain its nutrient value?
If you store fresh juice in a cold place in a sealed container, the juice will stay fresh between 48-72 hours. However, it is best to enjoy fresh juice within a few hours of extraction.
Is a slow juicer the same as a cold press juicer?
A slow juicer is also called a cold press juicer which refers to types of juicers that extract juice at low RPM. This means they retain nutrients compared to fast juicers which generate heat and destroy the nutrients in your juice.
Should you buy a slow juicer or a fast juicer? There are several considerations you should think about when determining which juicer is right for you. both slow and fast juicers have their pros and cons. Buy a slow juicer if you need maximum juice extraction, flavorful and nutritious juice.
Slow juicers are quiet so you can juice in the morning or at night without disturbing your family. these juicers are also expensive and last longer.
On the other hand, if you need fast juicing, more power, and efficiency, fast juicers are good for you. Fast juicers are affordable and the best choice if you juice frequently. Depending on your juicing needs, choose the best juicer, and always remember to go for a top brand.